Better waste segregation is the first step needed to do better waste management.
If the waste materials we produce at our home or office are carefully segregated into different categories, then the disposal of different substances makes it easier to keep the environment clean. Here are the reasons why we should consider doing better waste segregation:
- Helps to recycle materials
- Better reuse of some items
- Efficient disposal of non-biodegradable items
- No issues with recycling organic waste
- Efficient disposal of hazardous and dangerous materials
When you start to understand the reason why waste management is important, then the next step comes in the segregation of waste. Segregation of waste at the source is the best way to dispose of waste material in the most efficient way. Here are some of the best tips for the segregation of waste:
Finding categories for segregation
You can divide waste into various categories like for example:
- Organic and Inorganic waste
- Dry and wet waste
- Non-recyclable and recyclable waste
It is important that you understand the various needs for segregating waste. According to recent research, an average American family produces enough quantities of waste in one year to fill three bedrooms up to the ceiling and such records are not nice to hear when it comes to the environment. Identifying the types of wastes your and your family produce can lead to minimum effort later when it is time to get rid of that waste.
Assigning different bins for each type of waste
When you have become aware about the different categories of waste, then you can start the process of segregation from your home. At first, you need to identify the exact source of your category of waste. Like the kitchen produces most of the recyclable waste in your home. You can assign two bins for wet and dry waste in your kitchen.
Proper Waste Disposal
The most important in waste segregation is proper waste disposal and here are some easy and simple steps to get rid of waste from your home effectively.
- You should remove waste from your home every day without any failure. Instead of leaving the garbage getting rotten at your home, you should throw it right away in the bins.
- You should try to use recyclable products so that you don’t create much waste.
- Get rid of dry waste once week from your house or office.
- Yard trimming and leaves removal can be used to create compost which can be recycled as a fertilizers for your garden. Just choose the right composting method for your garden otherwise methane gas can be released which is harmful for the environment.
Segregation of waste is very important and easy also and if you have started doing it, then you can also encourage your neighbors and friends to do the same. This will help in creating awareness in your area regarding the waste disposal in an appropriate manner.
Best tips for Waste Segregation
This tip can be used by the people who are doing some renovation at their home or cleaning their yard. If you are hosting an event at your place, then also you can take the advice from his useful tip. During these occasions, a lot of waste is created in your garden and home and that is why you need to find additional help to deal with it.
You should understand the council trash collection and waste management services also have limitations, so you should segregate the waste from your side before sending it to the cities’ facilities. They deal with huge amount of waste and that’s why you should help them get a perfect waste management solution.
You can hire some of the teenagers in your area at a cheap price to help you getting rid of a huge amount of waste from your home. You don’t have to deal with the disposal of waste if you want to hire such helpers. In fact, you can also rent various dumpsters which are effective for segregation of waste to be removed. You can contact us at Fort Meyers Dumpster Rental Services at 239-747-7602 for getting help with a dumpster rental if you need one or more.